Vacancies at Crossroads Care Service
Care Support Worker - Flexible hours
Covering Borehamwood and the surrounding area, Crossroads Care Hertfordshire South now part of Carers in Hertfordshire is a charity and provides support to carers and the people they care for.
We aim to provide high quality, flexible services which respond to individual needs 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Is this the job for you?
Do you have a caring and compassionate nature? Do you want to make a difference in someone else’s life? Being a Care Support Worker could be the perfect career for you.
It’s ideal if you have a previous care background but this is not essential as full training will be provided – in fact some of our best carers have never worked in care before.
Working for us you will have the opportunity to learn and develop a wide range of skills and will be encouraged to study for NVQ levels 2 & 3 in Social Care.
Commitment to some weekend and evening work is essential as is a full clean driving license and use of a car.
Some of the things our Carer Support Workers do:
- help with dressing and undressing
- help with mobility
- help with feeding
- bathing in bed/bathroom/chair helping with personal hygiene
- help with management of continence
- help with medication
- helping the person with a disability outside their home
- help with getting up and going to bed
- help with emotional support to the person with care needs and their carer(s) as part of the caring team
- You may be asked to undertake other duties, but we will give you all the training you need to feel confident in your work
Hourly rates £8.45 - £10.83 including enhancements
Applicants to call 0208 905 1158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Alternatively download and application form.
Crossroads Care Service are currently recruiting volunteers. If you have some spare time and would like to give something back to the community then why not contact us.
We are looking for help in various ways from assisting with events during Carers week or any fund raising activities. You could also gain personal experience by helping with office/admin duties in our busy Borehamwood office.
For more details contact us at : email@example.com